Lonely Planet's Atlas of Adventure
Don't just walk on the wild side - hike, climb, cycle, surf and even parachute. Lonely Planet's Atlas of Adventure is an encyclopedia for thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies, featuring the best outdoor experiences, country-by-country, across the world - making it the ultimate introduction to an exciting new world of adventure.
There are numerous ways to explore our planet and the Atlas of Adventure showcases as many of them as possible in over 150 countries. We tracked down our adventure-loving gurus and asked them to share their tips on where to go and what to do. Colourful, awe-inspiring images are accompanied by authoritative text from Lonely Planet's travel experts.
- Mountaineering and trekking in Argentina
- Mountain biking and bushwalking in Australia
- Diving and paddling in Cambodia
- Trail running and canoeing in Canada
- Surfing and volcano diving in El Salvador
- Ski-exploring and dogsledding in Greenland
- Cycling and snowsports in Japan
- Riding with eagle hunters and packrafting in Mongolia
- Dune boarding and hiking in Namibia
- Tramping and black-water rafting in New Zealand
- Kloofing and paragliding in South Africa
- Sailing and walking in the United Kingdom
- Hiking and climbing in the United States
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.